Sharing Your Story #3
Here’s some practical tips for preparing your salvation story.
ORDER OF PREPARATION FOR YOUR TESTIMONY
- Pray and ask the Lord for wisdom and insight before you begin to write.
- Compile notes on three separate sheets of paper labeled, “Before,” “How” and “After”
- Write the first draft of your testimony based on the three sheets. Remember the guidelines given for preparing your testimony. Ideally it will take about 5 minutes to read your testimony draft when finished.
- Edit and improve. Ask for suggestions from your group leader or fellow group members.
- Finalize your testimony so that you can read it at conversational speed in approximately 3 minutes.
- Write an outline of your final testimony on a note card or small piece of paper. Practice sharing your testimony from this outline.
- Continue to practice your testimony until you can share in under 4 minutes without looking at your outline notes. Remember that this time frame is based upon Paul’s testimony of similar length in Acts 24 and Acts 26.
Your personal salvation story is a powerful way to influence others. Prepare well and then trust God to give you natural opportunities to share it.